- Q: What is SiteSecure?
SiteSecure is an enhanced security feature that protects your accounts against unauthorized access by others. If the computer used to log into the site is not the one that you normally use, it will prompt you to correctly answer a question before allowing access to your account information.
- Q: How much does SiteSecure cost?
SiteSecure is available free to all personal and business customers enrolled in FHB Online.
- Q: Is SiteSecure required?
Yes, registration in SiteSecure is required for all FHB Online users. Customers are automatically prompted to register for SiteSecure as part of the enrollment process. The registration process consists of selecting three questions and providing the corresponding answers that will subsequently be used to help identify you during future logins.
- Q: How do I change my SiteSecure security questions and answers?
Once logged into FHB Online, you may change your SiteSecure security questions by going to the Customer Service section and clicking on the "Change Your SiteSecureSM Preferences" link.
- Q: What Happens if I am Asked a Security Question?
If you sign in from a computer we don't recognize, we will ask you to answer one of your three security questions to verify your identity before allowing online access.
- A security question will be displayed for you to answer. It will be randomly selected from the three questions you selected during your SiteSecure registration.
- Answer the security question.
- If you misspell or forget your answer, you will have two more chances to answer the question correctly before your account is locked out and you are not able to access FHB Online.
- If your account is locked out, call 643-4343 (1-888-643-4343 from the Continental U.S., Guam and CNMI), Monday through Friday from 8am to 9pm Hawaii Standard Time, to unlock your account and reset your security questions.
- Select "This is a personal computer that I use often. Remember it if you want to sign in from that computer again without having to answer a security question.
- You will still have to enter your User Name and Password to access your online account information.
- We recommend that you select this option only if you are using a computer that is wholly within your control and not shared by others (e.g., your personal home computer).
- Click Submit to continue the FHB Online login process.
- Q: How is my computer recognized?
When you sign up for SiteSecure, we send a secure cookie to your computer. Anytime you sign in from that computer, your web browser sends us this cookie, which lets us know that you're using your own computer.
The cookie is visible only to FHB Online and does not contain any personal information. Anytime you visit the site from a different computer, you need to re-identify yourself by correctly answering your security questions.
- Q: Can I sign into FHB Online from multiple computers?
Yes. You can access FHB Online from any computer. The first time you sign into FHB Online from a new computer, you will need to answer one of your security questions to confirm your identity.
After you answer the question correctly, we will also ask if you want us to remember the new computer in the future. If you answer yes, SiteSecure will log that computer so a security question will not appear when you use that computer in the future.
- Q: I share my computer with someone who also uses FHB Online. Can both of us still sign in from this computer?
Yes. There's no limit to how many people can sign into FHB Online from the same computer, but remember never to share your User Name, Password or answers to your security questions with anyone.
- Q: I currently access my FHB account information through another online service. Will SiteSecure affect my ability to retrieve my account information?
If you encounter difficulties accessing your FHB account information through another online service once you have registered for SiteSecure, please contact the other party so they may make the necessary adjustments to their system.