- Q: What is SiteSecure?
To help protect you against identity theft and fraud, we will be integrating a new security feature into our login process. The SiteSecure security feature protects you in two ways:
- It guards against unauthorized access by others - If the computer used to log into the site is not one that you normally use, it will prompt you to correctly answer a question before allowing access to your account information.
- It enables you to identify the official FHB Online site - You select a custom security image and phrase that will be shown to you each time you log into FHB Online so that you can be sure that you're logging into the official FHB Online site.
- Q: How much does SiteSecure cost?
SiteSecure is available free to all personal and business customers enrolled in FHB Online.
- Q: Is SiteSecure required?
Yes, registration in SiteSecure is required for all FHB Online users.
- Q: How do I register for SiteSecure?
Customers will be prompted to register for SiteSecure during the enrollment process. The registration process consists of the following 4 steps:
- Step 1 Your SiteSecure Image - Select an image that will be shown to you each time you login to FHB Online.
- Step 2 Your SiteSecure Phrase - Select a phrase.
- Step 3 Your SiteSecure Questions and Answers - Select three questions and provide the corresponding answers.
- Step 4 Registration Confirmation - Review your SiteSecure settings. Additional changes can be made through the Preferences section.
- Q: How do I view SiteSecure? Do I need any special software?
You do not need any other hardware or software to view SiteSecure than what you use to access FHB Online; however, we do recommend that you disable any pop-up blocking software enabled on your web browser to optimize your banking experience.
- Q: Is my SiteSecure image and phrase the same as my password?
No. The SiteSecure image, image title, and security questions and answers you provide are separate from your Password. You should not use your FHB Online Password or User Name for your SiteSecure phrase. Your phrase can be related to your picture or any phrase.
- Q: How do I change my SiteSecure image, phrase, and/or security questions?
Once logged into FHB Online, you may change your SiteSecure image, phrase, and/or security questions by going to the Customer Service section and clicking on the "Change Your SiteSecureSM Preferences" link.
- Q: What Happens if I Am Asked a Security Question?
If you sign in from a computer we don't recognize, we will ask you to answer one of your three security questions to verify your identity before allowing online access.
- A security question will be displayed for you to answer. It will be randomly selected from the three questions you selected during your SiteSecure registration.
- Answer the security question.
- If you misspell or forget your answer, you will have two more chances to answer the question correctly before your account is locked out and you are not able to access FHB Online.
- If your account is locked out, call 643-4343 (1-888-643-4343 from the Continental U.S., Guam and CNMI), Monday through Friday from 8am to 9pm Hawaii Standard Time, to unlock your account and reset your security questions.
- Select "This is a personal computer that I use often. Remember it if you want to sign in from that computer again without having to answer a security question.
- You will still have to enter your User Name and Password to access your online account information.
- We recommend that you select this option only if you are using a computer that is wholly within your control and not shared by others (e.g., your personal home computer).
- Click Submit to continue the FHB Online login process.
- Q: How is my computer recognized?
When you sign up for SiteSecure, we send a secure cookie to your computer. Anytime you sign in from that computer, your web browser sends us this cookie, which lets us know that you're using your own computer.
The cookie is visible only to FHB Online and does not contain any personal information. Anytime you visit the site from a different computer, you need to re-identify yourself by correctly answering your security questions.
- Q: Can I sign into FHB Online from multiple computers?
Yes. You can access FHB Online from any computer. The first time you sign into FHB Online from a new computer, you will need to answer one of your security questions to confirm your identity.
After you answer the question correctly, your SiteSecure picture and phrase will appear and you will know it is safe to enter your Password. We will also ask if you want us to remember the new computer in the future. If you answer yes, SiteSecure will log that computer so a security question will not appear when you use that computer in the future.
- Q: I share my computer with someone who also uses FHB Online. Can both of us still sign in from this computer?
Yes. There's no limit to how many people can sign into FHB Online from the same computer, but remember never to share your User Name, Password or answers to your security questions with anyone.
- Q: I currently access my FHB account information through another online service. Will SiteSecure affect my ability to retrieve my account information?
If you encounter difficulties accessing your FHB account information through another online service once you have registered for SiteSecure, please contact the other party so they may make the necessary adjustments to their system.
- Q: What do I do if my SiteSecure image or phrase is incorrect or not shown?
If the SiteSecure image or phrase presented to you is ever incorrect, or not shown, please call customer service immediately at 643-4343 (or 1-888-643-4343 from the Continental U.S., Guam, and CNMI).