- Q: What is MasterCard SecureCode?
MasterCard® SecureCode is a free service that provides you with added security when shopping online with your enrolled credit or debit card.
Each time you make an online purchase at participating merchants, a pop up receipt will appear at the end of the checkout process. After reviewing the receipt, enter your SecureCode to complete the purchase. The purchase cannot be completed without your SecureCode.
- Q: What do I do if I forgot my SecureCode?
If you forgot your SecureCode while you are making an online purchase, you will be asked your Secret Question. If you supply the correct answer, your purchase will be completed. Once your purchase is complete, you should visit the SecureCode registration site, click on the "Forgot SecureCode" link and follow the instructions.
- Q: Do I need to apply for a new card to use MasterCard SecureCode?
No, you can use any of your existing First Hawaiian Bank MasterCard® credit or debit cards to use MasterCard® Secure Code, but you need to register the card to be protected.
- Q: What happens when my card expires?
If you receive a new First Hawaiian Bank card with the same account number, your SecureCode is automatically updated. You do not need to re-register.
- Q: How do I access the Account Assistant?
Simply return to the Web site where you registered and click on “Login”. You will be asked to enter your account number and SecureCode to login (we ask for both items for additional security).
- Q: What happens if my card is lost or stolen or my card number is changed?
You need to register any new card account number for the MasterCard® SecureCode service.
- Q: What does the Account Assistant feature do?
The Account Assistant feature allows you to change your SecureCode, Personal Greeting and e-mail address. Additionally, you can remove the SecureCode feature from your card.
- Q: Can I make purchases at merchants that do not participate in the MasterCard SecureCode program?
Yes, but you will not be asked for your MasterCard® SecureCode at these merchants. You simply follow the merchant's checkout process to complete your purchase
- Q: How can I tell if an online retailer accepts MasterCard® SecureCode?
Most participating retailers will display the MasterCard® SecureCode logo on their web page.
- Q: What should I do if the receipt does not appear after I make a purchase?
First, check that the card you used is the one that you registered with MasterCard® SecureCode. Second, verify if the merchant is a participating merchant. Be sure you have disabled any pop-up stopping software on your system. If you are using a registered card and the merchant is participating, contact the merchant's customer service department.
- Q: Do I need any special computer software to use MasterCard SecureCode?
No, you do not need any special software to user MasterCard® SecureCode. All you need is one of the following programs
- Windows Microsoft® Internet Explorer 3.3 and 6.0 or higher
- Windows Netscape® 7.1 and 7.2 or higher
- Windows AOL® 9 or higher
- Windows Firefox® 1.0 or higher
- Macintosh Safari®
- Q: What is the Signature Panel Code?
The Signature Panel Code is the last three digits that appear on the back of your card, on the signature panel. It is an extra security feature to ensure you have physical possession of the card you are registering.
- Q: What is a Personal Greeting?
The Personal Greeting is a text message (6-30 characters) that you select during registration. Each time a SecureCode receipt is sent to you by First Hawaiian Bank, your Personal Greeting will be shown. You should always look for your Personal Greeting to ensure it is a genuine receipt. If the Personal Greeting is incorrect, DO NOT enter your SecureCode and contact us immediately at 1-800-342-2778. Your Personal Greeting and SecureCode should NOT be identical.
- Q: Can two people with a joint account use the same SecureCode or should they register separately?
Enrollment in MasterCard® SecureCode is at the account level so the password must be shared.