Auto Express Loan
First Hawaiian Bank’s Used Auto Express Loan can provide you with the money even before you select your used car – leading to smarter shopping and an easier process. Applying for a car loan
Here’s how it works.
1. Figure out how much cash you want to have available while you’re shopping for a used car
2. Fill out and submit an application
3. If you qualify, you’ll get an unsecured loan so you have cash to buy the used car you want
4. Buy the used car you want (must be no more than 5 model years old)
5. Come back to any First Hawaiian Bank branch within 45 days after you got your unsecured loan. If you qualify, you can replace your unsecured loan with a secured loan that has a lower interest rate.
- The unsecured loan can only be used for the purchase of a used vehicle sold by a private owner.
- Motorcycles, taxis, commercial, boats and “salvaged” vehicles are not eligible.
- The unsecured loan cannot be used to pay existing balances from other First Hawaiian Bank credit cards, loans, or lines of credit or to refinance an auto lease or business loan.
- The unsecured loan cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.
- The secured loan must be used to pay off your unsecured loan that was used to purchase your vehicle.
- The vehicle you purchase must be no more than 5 model years old in order for you to be eligible for the secured loan.
- You must bring in the newly transferred certificate of title and registration no later than
45 daysfrom the date of your unsecured loan agreement to be eligible for the reduction in interest rate.
- A credit bureau report will be pulled for up-to-date information to ensure that your credit quality has not deteriorated after you qualified for the unsecured loan.
- All new registered owner(s) of the vehicle must submit application(s) for the secured loan and meet the same eligibility and credit requirements as the borrower(s) under the unsecured loan.
- The vehicle securing this loan must be registered in good standing in the State of Hawaii. Title to the vehicle must be held by one or more individuals. Title to the vehicle cannot be held by a business or trust. The vehicle must be continuously located in the State of Hawaii during the loan term. An application is required if the borrower wants to take the vehicle off island and must be approved by First Hawaiian Bank in advance.
- Prior to closing of the secured loan, you must provide proof of current automobile insurance with collision insurance coverage having a maximum deductible of $500.00 and First Hawaiian Bank named as Loss Payee.
- First Hawaiian Bank will cover up to $50.00 of title transfer fees. You will be responsible for any additional unpaid fees or fines affecting the transfer of title.
- The maximum amount of the secured loan will be the current principal balance of your unsecured loan or 100% of the Kelly Blue Book “trade in” value of the vehicle, whichever is less.
- If all of the requirements above are met, First Hawaiian Bank will refinance the eligible balance of your unsecured loan, with a secured loan that has a lower interest rate based on the term of the loan that you choose.
If you do not meet all of the requirements for the secured loan, you will continue to have your unsecured loan