THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME - or a smarter reason - to switch to a photovoltaic system or solar water heating system.
Harness the sun's energy to heat your water or power your home and save money.
Our new EnergySmart Financing Program provides financing for your photovoltaic system or solar water heating system with outstanding service every step of the way, solutions for homes of all sizes, and the security of Hawaii's oldest and largest bank.
Photovoltaic Systems Secured Equity Line
0% APR1 4.50% APR1
Fixed for 6 months Current Variable Rate
as of 12/1/13
for Priority Banking
Level 3 Customers
- Lower your electric bill
- System may qualify for State & Federal Tax Credits2
Unsecured Loan (Not available on Guam)
0% APR3 7.09% APR3
Fixed for 6 months Fixed for the remaining
- Pay no interest for the first 6 months
- No closing costs and no prepayment penalty
- Quick approval process and get your money in days
- May qualify for Federal and Hawaii State tax credits2
- Short 4 year loan term with balloon payment3
1. Initial rate is for Equity FirstLine Plus credit line fixed rate advance for purchase price of a photovoltaic system for 6 months from account opening and will not increase during this period and then will adjust monthly at 1.50 percentage points over the index, which is The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate. After the initial fixed rate period the Annual Percentage Rate may vary and will never be lower than 4.50% per year and shall never be higher than 19.00% for Hawaii and 18.00% for Guam. Variable Annual Percentage Rate as of 12/01/13 is 4.50% for Priority Banking Level 3, 4.57% for Priority Banking Levels 1 and 2, and 4.82% for customers who do not have Priority Banking. After the introductory period, Priority Banking Level 3 customers receive a discount of 0.35 percentage point lower than the APR, and Priority Banking Levels 1 and 2 customers receive a 0.25 percentage point discount. Priority and Private Banking discounts do not apply to the introductory fixed rates. Unless locked at fixed rate, other advances after account opening are subject to variable rate. Investor rates are 0.50 percentage point higher. You must carry insurance on the property that secures the credit line. For Hawaii, no closing costs for owner occupants; however you must pay certain account opening fees to third parties to open a line; these fees include title insurance and if the property requires ALTA policy fee, condo review, appraisal, trust review, or other legal document preparation fees. For Guam, closing costs will consist of fees for an ALTA policy and appraisal, as well as fees for trust review and preparation of other legal documents if required. For Guam, get $100 off closing costs for owner occupants and investors. Applicant will pay $100-245 (title insurance) and if required, will also pay these costs, which are estimated at $982 (ALTA policy fee), $136-$325 (condo review), $550-$750 (appraisal), $156-$312 (trust review), and $104-$208 (legal document preparation fees). There is an Annual Fee of $100, which is non-refundable and will be charged to your credit line on each anniversary date of your Credit Line Account beginning with the second anniversary. The Annual Fee is waived for the first year and will be waived thereafter if you have a personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 3. Offer subject to credit approval and good for new approved Equity FirstLine Plus applications received between 12/01/13 to 12/31/13. Offer also good until 1/31/14 for existing Equity FirstLine Plus accounts in good standing with lock and line availability. Only Hawaii and Guam properties are eligible.
2. Consult with your tax advisor regarding the application and availability of state and federal tax credits.
3. 0% Annual Percentage Rate fixed for 6 months followed by 7.09% APR for the remaining 42 months of the loan. For new approved personal loan applications received 12/01/13 to 12/31/13. The minimum loan amount is $10,000 and the maximum is $45,000. In the example shown, for a 48 month loan of $25,000, you will have 6 initial monthly principal only payments of $138.89 followed by 41 monthly principal and interest payments of $222.73 with a final estimated balloon payment of $20,596.12. Offer subject to credit approval. Loan amount cannot exceed contract amount for the PV system. This offer is only available in Hawaii. Other terms and conditions apply.
Solar Water Heating Systems
Fixed for Five Years
- Loan amounts of $5,000 to $7,000
- No closing costs
- System may qualify for State & Federal Tax Credits**
- You could save up to 35% off your electric bill
- Use these participating Contractors to qualify for the special rate (In participation with Hawaii Energy's Hot Water, Cool Rates program)
* Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 0% applies to personal loans $5,000 to $7,000 for purchase and installation of a solar water heating system through an approved contractor participating in the Hawaii Energy’s American Recovery & Reinvestment Act solar water heating program only. APRs effective 12/1/13. For example, based on a 5 year loan of $7,000 at 0.00%, you will have 60 monthly principal payments of $116.67. Other terms and restrictions apply. All loans subject to credit approval. Offer may be modified or cancelled at any time. Not available in Kauai, Guam, CNMI or for Business or Real Estate Loans. Refinances of existing First Hawaiian Bank personal loans or lines-of-credit do not qualify for this offer.
** Please consult with your tax advisor regarding the application and availability of state and federal tax credits.