THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME - or a smarter reason - to switch to a photovoltaic system or solar water heating system.
Harness the sun's energy to heat your water or power your home and save money.
Our new EnergySmart Financing Program provides financing for your photovoltaic system or solar water heating system with outstanding service every step of the way, solutions for homes of all sizes, and the security of Hawaii's oldest and largest bank.
Photovoltaic Systems Secured Equity Line
0% APR1 4.82% APR1
Fixed for 6 months Current Variable Rate
as of 10/1/14
- Lower your electric bill
- System may qualify for State & Federal Tax Credits2
Unsecured Loan (Not available on Guam)
0% APR3 7.09% APR3
Fixed for 6 months Fixed for the remaining
- Pay no interest for the first 6 months
- No closing costs and no prepayment penalty
- Quick approval process and get your money in days
- May qualify for Federal and Hawaii State tax credits2
- Short 4 year loan term with balloon payment3
1. Initial rate is for Equity FirstLineSM Plus credit line fixed rate advance for purchase price of a photovoltaic system for 6 months from account opening and will not increase during this period and then will adjust monthly at 1.50 percentage points over the index, which is The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate. After the initial fixed rate period the Annual Percentage Rate may vary and will never be lower than 4.50% per year and shall never be higher than 19% for Hawaii and 18% for Guam. The current fully indexed variable APR is 4.82% as of 10/1/14. After the promotional period, Priority Banking Level 3 customers receive a discount of 0.35 percentage point off the variable APR, and Priority Banking Level 2 customers receive a 0.25 percentage point discount. Priority Banking, Private Banking, and other discounts do not apply to the introductory fixed rates or to Equity FirstLine Plus fixed rate locks. Unless locked at fixed rate, other advances after account opening are subject to variable APR. Investor and second home rates are 0.50 percentage point higher than the variable APR. You must carry insurance on the property that secures the credit line. For Hawaii, most closing costs waived for owner occupants; however you may have to pay certain closing fees to third parties such as: title insurance ($100-$245) and if the property requires an ALTA policy (estimated at $982), condo review ($136-$325), appraisal ($550-$750), trust review ($156-$312), or other legal document preparation fees ($104-$208). For Guam, receive $100 off closing costs. Fees may vary from the estimates quoted, depending on your specific credit line. There is an annual fee of $100, which is non-refundable and will be charged to your credit line on each anniversary date of your Credit Line Account beginning with the second anniversary. The annual fee is waived for the first year and will be waived thereafter if you have a personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 3. Offer subject to credit approval and good for new approved Equity FirstLine Plus applications received between 10/1/14 to 12/31/14. Offer also good until 12/31/14 for existing Equity FirstLine Plus accounts in good standing with lock and line availability. Only Hawaii and Guam properties are eligible.
2. Consult with your tax advisor regarding the application of state and federal tax credits.
Solar Water Heating Systems
Fixed for Five Years
- Loan amounts of $5,000 to $7,000
- No closing costs
- System may qualify for State & Federal Tax Credits**
- You could save up to 35% off your electric bill
- Use these participating Contractors to qualify for the special rate (In participation with Hawaii Energy's Hot Water, Cool Rates program)
* Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 0% applies to personal loans $5,000 to $7,000 for purchase and installation of a solar water heating system through an approved contractor participating in the Hawaii Energy’s American Recovery & Reinvestment Act solar water heating program only. APRs effective 10/1/14. For example, based on a 5 year loan of $7,000 at 0.00%, you will have 60 monthly principal payments of $116.67. Other terms and restrictions apply. All loans subject to credit approval. Offer may be modified or cancelled at any time. Not available in Kauai, Guam, CNMI or for Business or Real Estate Loans. Refinances of existing First Hawaiian Bank personal loans or lines-of-credit do not qualify for this offer.
** Please consult with your tax advisor regarding the application and availability of state and federal tax credits.