Lock Now, Save Later with Home Equity FirstLine Plus
Introductory rates that are too good to be true?
Introductory rates on equity lines may seem attractive in the short-term, but once the promotional period is over and variable rates kick in, it could end up costing you more in the long run. As interest rates go up on a variable rate, the interest portion of the monthly payment will also increase.
One of the smartest decisions you’ll ever make.
While other home equity lines of credit offer unpredictable variable rates, First Hawaiian Bank offers a unique solution whereby you can lock in the rater on certain outstanding balances. Our Home Equity FirstLine Plus provides you with the ability to lock your balances at low fixed rates while keeping your monthly interest and payments stable for the life of the loan.
“Historically, we have been the largest home equity lender and will continue to support the Hawaii market and bring unique and beneficial lending products.” says Derek Wong, vice president of retail product management at First Hawaiian Bank.
Home Equity FirstLine Plus provides:
- Flexibility. It’s a line of credit and a loan. With the Rate Lock Feature, you can convert all or a portion of your balance to a fixed loan, locking your rate and monthly payments.
- Savings. No application fee. No fees to lock in new fixed rates (up to 5 fixed rate locks)
- Convenience. Access your account with FREE checks. Since we also service our loans locally, you’ll receive friendly and local servicing 24 hours a day.
- Tax Benefits. Interest you pay may be 100% tax deductible.1
- Minutes to apply on www.fhb.com. No paperwork required to apply and find out how much you can borrow.
You’re in Control.
Whether you’re planning a dream vacation, remodeling or improving your home, consolidating debt or purchasing a new car – take control by having fixed monthly payments and protect yourself from rising rates with our Rate Lock Feature.
Get preapproved2 today by calling 643-LOAN(5626) in Hawaii, 477-LOAN(5626) in Guam, or (800) 403-7167 in CNMI, visit www.fhb.com, or any First Hawaiian Bank branch.
1Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.
2Pre-approval is subject to credit approval. Pre-approval is not a final loan commitment and is only valid for 30 days. Pre-approval is subject to our verification of application and collateral information, and requires submitting additional documents. If there is a change in the applicant’s credit standing or financial position, we may re-evaluate the applicant’s credit and require additional information and/or reduce the amount we are willing to lend or determine that a pre-approval is null and void.