Earn Even More Miles
Double miles on groceries3
Earn 5 miles per $1 spent on purchases at grocery stores
Double miles on United ticket purchases3
Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United tickets purchased through United ticketing channels
There's no cap on how many miles you can earn
1. Miles accrued and awards issued are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program including termination of his or her membership and forfeiture of all accrued mileage. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies or partners. Please allow six to eight weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to be posted to your MileagePlus account. Bonus miles and miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward Premier® status. Bonus mile offers are subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United may change MileagePlus program rules, regulations, travel awards, and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. MileagePlus participation may not be permitted in some countries. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. Please refer to the MileagePlus program at united.com for details on the MileagePlus program.
2. Subject to credit approval. Apply for the personal United Credit Card by 3/31/21 and, if you are approved, earn 20,000 bonus United Miles with $1,500 spend within the first 6 months after account opening AND 5x United MileagePlus Miles per $1 spent on purchases at grocery stores for the first $10,000 spent or until 12/31/21, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, 2x United MileagePlus Miles per $1 spent on purchases at grocery stores. Your account opening date is noted on the upper right corner of your new account letter. You’ll continue to earn 2x United MileagePlus Miles per $1 spent on gas, dining (Private Banking Only) and United Airlines tickets purchased through United ticketing channels, and 1x United MileagePlus Mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. United MileagePlus Miles have no cash value except as described in the United Program Agreement. Travel and booking subject to availability. Additional fees and restrictions apply. See the United Program Agreement for more information. First Hawaiian Bank reserves the right to cancel or change the Program at any time without prior notice. Purchases made at department stores, superstores, discount stores, and warehouse clubs are not eligible to receive Earned Reward Miles. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases is a variable rate of 16.24% as of 10/1/20. The introductory fixed APR for balance transfers is 2.99% for the first eight billing cycles following the opening of your account for balance transfers made within 30 days of account opening. After that, the variable rate will apply. The fixed Cash Advance APR is 18.00% and may be applied if you make a late payment. The Minimum Interest Charge will be no less than $1.00. The Balance Transfer Fee is either $5 or 5% of the amount of each Balance Transfer, whichever is greater. The Cash Advance Fee is either $10 or 5% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater. There are no Foreign Transaction Fees. The Fee is $0 for an introductory period of one year ($99 per year thereafter). The introductory offer of 20,000 bonus Miles, introductory Balance Transfer APR, and annual fee waiver for the first year after account opening are only available to new accounts, and will not be applied to accounts that are converted from an existing United MileagePlus Credit Card account.
3. Merchant registration may affect whether a purchase is eligible to earn additional United Miles per one (1) dollar spent. Purchases made at department stores, superstores, discount stores, and warehouse clubs are not eligible to receive double Miles.
4. Subject to the terms and conditions of the MileagePlus Program. Please refer to united.com for full terms and conditions.
5. The Primary Cardholder’s first and second standard checked bags are free when you use your United® Credit Card from First Hawaiian Bank to purchase your tickets on United- and United Express-operated flights; codeshare partner-operated flights are not eligible. Oversized/overweight/extra baggage service charges still apply if applicable. You’ll receive waivers on up to two bags each way. Just remember to include your United MileagePlus number when making your reservation, and purchase your ticket(s) with your United® Credit Card. Cardholders who are already exempt from other checked baggage service charges will not receive an additional free standard checked bag. Please allow 2 weeks after account opening for your first free standard checked bag to be available on eligible United reservations.
6. United® Credit Card accounts that are open and in good standing upon their anniversary date will receive two complimentary United Club one-time passes. These passes are valid for use at any participating United Club. Please allow 4-6 weeks for passes to be deposited to eligible United Club MileagePlus accounts. Each pass admits one person for one visit to a participating United Club location. You must present your valid one-time pass, a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport, or Military ID), and a same-day boarding pass to gain access to United Club locations. Passes are not assignable and have no cash value. Each United Club pass is subject to the expiration date located on the pass. Access to a United Club location is subject to the United Club terms and conditions and access policies, each of which is subject to change, with or without notice. Access is subject to space availability. Other terms, conditions, and restrictions may apply. For additional information regarding the United Club, please visit united.com/unitedclub.
7. The primary cardholder will enjoy greater access to award seat inventory than general MileagePlus members who do not have Premier® status. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit united.com
8. Upgrades are available on selected United- and United-Express-operated flights, subject to availability. Travel companions and cardholders who are not the primary cardholder are not eligible to take advantage of this benefit. Assignment of upgrades on award tickets within each Premier®-Express-operated level will be prioritized after the lowest paid fare class.