Caring for Our Community
First Hawaiian Bank’s KOKUA MAI CAMPAIGN is a way for employees to provide financial support to many of our local charities in Hawaii, Guam and Saipan. Our employees and retirees generously give from the heart, donating nearly $7 million since 2007 in this annual employee-giving campaign. A remarkable 99 percent of our employees stepped forward to make personal donations. All program costs are covered by the bank so that 100 percent of every employee contribution goes to their charity of choice. Investing in our community is a legacy we’re proud to continue for 160 years.
First Hawaiian Bank’s COMMUNITY CARE is our employee volunteer service program, which launched in 2014, connecting nonprofits with employees willing and ready to lend a hand. This bank-wide initiative is completely run by employees, with employees serving alongside senior managers to volunteer their time and talents throughout Hawaii, Guam, and Saipan. Our volunteer community service activities focus on how we can help the elderly, children, families and our environment.
Since 1858, First Hawaiian Bank has actively supported the communities we serve. It’s our bank’s culture and our legacy that continues on today through the spirit of our employees who volunteer, serve on non-profit boards, and participate in blood drives, food drives, community walks, and charity events.
Volunteering through the bank’s COMMUNITY CARE program allows employees to show their Aloha for organizations working to build stronger communities.
Click to see some of the many ways we are helping our communities thrive!
- Paseo de Susana Park Beach Clean-Up
- No Sew Blankets
- Hawaii Food Bank – Senior Food Boxes
- Friends of the Children of West Hawaii – Backpacks for the Keiki
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii – Collection Drive
- The Institute for Human Services – Backpacks and Housewarming Boxes
- Big Island Substance Abuse Council – Annual Summer Jam
- Aina in the Schools – Waialae Elementary Charter School
- Maui Food Bank – Senior Food Boxes
- Catholic Charities of Hawaii – Painting Party in Maili
- Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii – Walk in the Country
- USS Chafee – Aloha Care Packages
- Paepae o’Heeia – One Pohaku at a Time
- Linapuni Elementary School – Welcome Back Fun Fair
- Surfrider Foundation, Kauai – Hanamaulu Beach Clean Up
- American Red Cross – Sound the Alarm, Save a Life
- Joeten-Kiyu Public Library – Beautification Project
- Family Programs Hawaii – Annual Holiday Event