A flexible line of credit that gives you cash when you need it
- Apply quickly and easily online, in-branch, or by phone
- Draw upon your line soon after approval1
- You have the option to lock in all or a portion of your balance at a fixed rate for up to six years
Write yourself a check
Or even better—transfer funds into your checking account through Online Banking
You’re ready to face the future
You have borrowing power to meet life’s opportunities and challenges
No collateral required
- Those who want the flexibility to access money when they need it
- People who are planning to pay for vacations, tuition, or unplanned expenses.
Ready to get started?
You will need the following documents and information to apply:
- Social security number
- Income verification for requested loan/line amounts over $5,000:
- All pay stubs from most recent calendar month OR
- W-2 or 1099 Forms from the past 2 years OR
- Last 2 federal personal income tax returns with all schedules signed
After the application is submitted, FHB may reach out to verify your ID
(valid driver's license or other proof of ID).
A line of credit is similar to a credit card in that it is a flexible borrowing solution. You can draw on this revolving line of credit simply by writing a check, request a withdrawal in person, or use FHB online for payments or transfers to existing FHB accounts. You are also able to borrow any part of your credit line again once you have repaid it. Except for the annual fee, no payments are due until you advance your line of credit.
With a personal loan, you receive the funds when you're approved, and you start paying interest immediately on the full amount owed. You have a fixed schedule of payments that you make until the loan is paid off.
For more information, browse our options on loans and lines of credit.
First, determine your needs. Do you need to borrow a large amount of money? Do you want to make fixed payments? Do you have property with which to secure credit? Do you want extra money just-in-case? Our handy calculators can help give you an idea of what loan option is right for you. For a more customized analysis of what loan option is best, talk to a First Hawaiian Banker today or call (808) 643-LOAN (5626). Guam residents, please call (671) 477-LOAN (5626), and from the CNMI call 1-800-403-7167.
You can consolidate your various debts (loans, lines of credit, credit card balances, etc.) into one loan, usually at a lower rate. As a result, you will have just one bill to pay, and you may find it easier to pay off your debt more quickly. First Hawaiian Bank offers many options for debt consolidation, usually through a home equity or a personal loan or line of credit.
For more information, browse our options on Loans and Lines of Credit.
Didn’t find an answer? Still have questions?