FAQs - Careers
- Q: What if I applied before September 21, 2015?
If you created a login and password prior to September 21, 2015, you still need to create a new login and password to ensure your current information is accurately captured.
- Q: What type of pre-employment testing is done by First Hawaiian Bank?
First Hawaiian Bank promotes a safe and drug-free work environment. Our pre-employment process includes Substance Abuse and Drug and Alcohol Testing in addition to verification of your employment history, background and references.
- Q: Can I submit an application for more than one position at the same time?
Yes. You can submit an application for any position(s) for which you believe you are qualified. Please submit an application for each position.
- Q: How am I notified if I am being considered for a position?
If you are being considered for a position, a Human Resource Representative will contact you within four weeks of submitting your application by the contact preference you designate when applying.
- Q: How often can I submit an application?
Please submit your application if there is a change in your skills or employment history and if you would like to be considered for more than one position.
- Q: How do I apply for more than one job using a single application?
If you submitted an application on or after September 21, 2015, 1) login to the system using the email address and password you provided; 2) select the position you wish to apply for; 3) click on the Add to My Jobs button; 4) review the application for completeness and accuracy; and 5) eSign, date and click the Submit button.
- Q: How can I provide a resume?
You may attach your resume during the application process.
- Q: If I submit my application and a job matching my skills opens up later, can I expect to hear from First Hawaiian Bank?
FHB Recruiters search the job seeker database on a regular basis. However due to the volume of inquiries, it's best to apply for the jobs that interest you, rather than relying on recruiters to contact you.
- Q: If I've submitted several applications and resumes what does a recruiter find when a search is conducted?
Recruiters may see all versions of your applications, profiles, and resumes when searching the database however only the best match is returned in search results.
- Q: How long does the application process at First Hawaiian Bank usually take?
Applications are considered within a four week period, however, it varies based on the vacancy. Applications will be accepted until the vacancy is filled.