Adjustable Rate Mortgage
Enjoy lower fixed rates for years, and then your mortgage adjusts.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage[[#1]] Features
- Interest rate and monthly payments remain the same for an initial period, then adjust semi-annually
- Variety of terms available: 3/6, 5/6, 7/6 or 10/6[[#2]], with annual and lifetime interest rate caps
- See today's rates and loan terms and conditions, including payment examples.
Your rate is fixed for years
Choose fixed-rate terms that last from 1 to 10 years.
Flexible options for your changing life
Great for those who plan to move within a few years.
Lower initial rates
The rate may be lower than a fixed rate mortgage.
- Owners who know they will sell in a few years
- House flippers or short-term investors
- Borrowers who anticipate rising incomes or large cash settlements in the future
What is the impact of making extra payments on my mortgage debt?
Ready to Apply?
Mortgage Loan Officer
Elina Grugier Bell
AVP & Sr Mortgage Loan Officer
Digital Mortgage Loan Officer
First Hawaiian Center
We're here to help.
It’s all about you, your budget, and your life. We have a variety of mortgage types, and we can help you find the one that’s right for you. For a free analysis and recommendation of the best mortgage loan program for you, please call us at (808) 643-HOME (4663) or take a look at our Mortgage Selector Tool. We also have mortgage calculators that can help you determine what is right for you.
Find out about rates and more online or call us to talk about your refinancing options at 808-643-4663.
Welcome home! We’re here to help make the process of applying for a mortgage as simple for you as possible.
- Apply online using our Digital Home Loans Portal
- Contact our customer service line for new or current mortgage customers. We’ll put you in contact with a mortgage specialist who will be able to help make your dreams come true.
- Apply in person at the branch most convenient for you
FHB Online & Mobile Banking enables you to easily view your mortgage transactions, current mortgage balance and upcoming payment due. You can also make a payment to your mortgage using internal transfers or external transfers.
To make special payments, such as a principal only payment, you will need to process the transfer then send a secured message with specific instructions on how the payment should be applied. Your current month's mortgage payment must be posted to your loan and with no outstanding fees, in order to make additional principal payments.
If you have not yet enrolled for FHB Online & Mobile Banking, you can enroll here.
Didn’t find an answer? Still have questions?
- Subject to credit approval. Certain other restrictions may apply.
- After the initial 3,5,7,or 10 year terms, the rate will adjust semi-annually.