FAQ - Gift Card Services
- Q: What is a Gift Card service?
Let us show you the possibilities of how you can increase your store's profitability and your number of loyal customers with First Hawaiian Bank's Gift Card service. Provided together with our processing partners, the plastic, magnetic-striped cards are a great way to advertise your company, while making it convenient for your customers to make purchases year-round.
- Q: What benefits are there for having a Gift Card service?
- Increase your revenues
- Gift cards generate first time purchases while encouraging store loyalty since cards can be reloaded with additional value right in your own store.
- Paper gift certificates allow customers to receive their remaining balance in cash. With gift cards, the entire amount must be redeemed otherwise unused dollars remain on the card for future purchases. Gift cards are the ultimate way to build loyalty with your customers because the customer has to come into the store to use the card.
- Card balances can be tracked online through the Internet. Additionally, you will receive a monthly statement that shows card issuance and card redemption activity.
- With today's sophisticated technologies, a plastic card is more difficult to reproduce than paper certificates, thereby reducing the potential for fraud.
- From a single company logo to a special occasion theme, our team can assist you in creating the look you want.
- Use your First Hawaiian Bank credit card terminal to activate cards for various denominations, such as $5, $10, $20, $50 or even more.
- Customers can purchase your card for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings or holidays. Or, your company can use it as a way to thank your best customers and employees.
- Higher quantities of gift cards purchased result in a lower cost per card.
- Ensure future customer transactions
- Monitor account activity via the Internet or monthly statements
- Reduce Potential Fraud
- Create your own card design
- Easy to activate
- Great for any occasion
* Merchants are responsible for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation gift certificate or gift card requirements. Gift Card Service is available in Hawaii, Guam and CNMI.