Debit Card - Customer Action Required
Reset Your Debit Card PIN by Today
If you are currently experiencing transaction declines on your debit card, please reset your PIN and attempt the transaction again. If the transaction continues to be declined, please call the number on the back of your card. We appreciate your patience and loyalty as we continue to improve our card operations.
FHB has recently implemented a new card processing system. As part of this system upgrade, you must reset your debit card PIN as soon as possible to avoid any interruption. If you have not reset your PIN since July 2023, your debit card PIN based Point-of-Sale (POS) transactions will be declined until you reset your PIN. All cardholders can reset their PIN by phone or by visiting the nearest branch location. Primary cardholders can also reset their PIN in the FHB Mobile app.
Reset your PIN by Phone
A simple and secure way for all account holders to reset your debit card PIN, all you need is your debit card.
Call (877) 699-6984 for US & US Territories or (800) 545-6300 for international callers[[#1]] (you will need your current PIN number)
When prompted, enter your debit card number and personal information
Enter a new PIN number that meets the [[PIN requirements | #pinreq]] then confirm
Reset your PIN in the FHB Mobile App[[#2]]
A convenient way for primary account holders to reset their PIN.
- Select the checking account associated with your debit card
- Go to Account Details and tap Manage Card Account
- Select Set Up PIN from the drop down menu
- Enter your 4-digit PIN
Debit Card Security Features and Benefits
Explore the security features available on your [[FHB cards| /resource-center/security-and-fraud-protection/protect-your-credit-debit-cards]] and [[fraud protection| /resource-center/security-and-fraud-protection]] tips to protect your accounts
Zero Liability Protection
With [[Mastercard Zero Liability Protection| https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/get-support/zero-liability-terms-conditions.html]], you are not responsible for fraudulent transactions[[#3]]
Identity Theft Protection
Activate now to enjoy your [[Mastercard ID Theft Protection™| https://mastercardusfhb.idprotectiononline.com/enrollment/embedded.html]] benefits included for no additional charge[[#4]]
Yes, you may set your 4-digit PIN to the number you are familiar with, including your existing PIN. Your PIN must meet the bank security requirements. Please avoid the following patterns:
- Repetitive numbers such as 1111 or 1122
- Consecutive numbers in ascending or descending order such as 1234 or 4321
- Special patterns such as 2580 (straight line of a telephone keypad)
Please note, although you may keep the same PIN you currently have, you MUST still complete the PIN reset process.
Each debit card on the account has its own PIN number. Each PIN number should be reset by the customer listed on the debit card. All account holders may reset their PIN by calling the automated line. The primary account holder also has the option to reset their PIN in the FHB Mobile App. For personal accounts, a primary account holder is the first name listed on your checking account statement. For business accounts, each debit cardholder is considered primary and may change their PIN in the FHB Mobile App.
If you do not reset your PIN, your debit card purchases may be declined at point-of-sale transactions due to a PIN error that will occur when the bank switches to the new system in September 2023. If you missed the September 25, 2023, deadline, you should reset your PIN as soon as possible to recover functionality.
If you only use your debit card for ATM transactions, you can continue using your existing PIN without service interruptions. After the system update, point-of-sale purchases will not go through with your existing PIN.
If you choose to reset your PIN, you will need to use your new PIN for both ATM and point-of-sale transactions.
- Phone charges may apply.
- You must have a mobile device with internet to use FHB Mobile Banking. Restrictions may apply. See FHB Online® Terms and Conditions for details. All registered fingerprints and face IDs on the mobile device will be able to log in. Standard SMS/Text Message fees may apply
- Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. To learn more about Mastercard Zero Liability, visit mastercard.us/zeroliability.
- You must register here in order to use Mastercard ID Theft Protection™ Benefits. Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Contact 1-800-Mastercard (1-800-627-8372) for full details, or see your Personal or Business Guide to Benefits.
App Store® is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC