First Step Home Loan[[SM]][[#1]]
This is how you bring your first home, home.
When you’re pre-qualified for our First Step Home LoanSM, the competition won’t see you coming. With a low down payment and no mortgage insurance, you can offer better, faster, sooner.
First Step Home Loan[[#1]] Benefits
- Low down payment of 10.01% with as little as 3% down payment from buyer and the remainder from family[[#2]]
- $0 Private Mortgage Insurance
- Maximum loan amount of $1,098,300
- Choose from either a fixed-rate or adjustable rate mortgage
Ready to get started?
- Subject to credit and loan approval. The First Step Home Loan Program is only available for first time homebuyers purchasing owner occupied real properties located in the State of Hawaii and with no prior ownership of a principal residence in the last 3 years. Certain other restrictions may apply. For more information, please contact a First Hawaiian Bank Mortgage Loan Officer.
- The total minimum down payment requirement of 10.01% (may not exceed 20%) under the First Step Home Loan Program may be a combination of buyer and family contributions, but a minimum of 3% must come from the buyer. Family includes relatives (i.e., spouse, child, dependent, or any other person related by blood, marriage, adoption), fiancés, fiancées, and domestic partners. Donor may not be affiliated with the builder, developer, real estate agent, or other interested party (not including the buyer) to the transaction. Gift can be used for down payment, closing costs, or reserves; subject to borrower’s minimum contribution. Verification of donor’s availability of funds and transfer of gift funds required.