First Step Home Loan
When you’re ready to leap into homeownership, we’re here to help you take the first step.
- Low down payment of 10.01%
- With as little as 3% down payment from the buyer and the remainder from family
- Waiver of mortgage insurance
- Lower closing costs
- Competitive mortgage rates
- Maximum loan amount of $970,800
- Maximum loan-to-value ratio of 89.99%
- Fixed and adjustable rates available
- Owner occupants with no prior home ownership in the last 3 years
- First time homebuyers purchasing residential property in Hawaii
What is the impact of making extra payments on my debt?
Ready to Apply?
Mortgage Loan Officer
Maite Banking Center
AVP & Mortgage Loan Officer
First Hawaiian Center
VP & Private Banking Mortgage Loan Officer
First Hawaiian Center
We're here to help.
It’s all about you, your budget, and your life. We have a variety of mortgage types, and we can help you find the one that’s right for you. For a free analysis and recommendation of the best mortgage loan program for you, please call us at 643-HOME (4663) or take a look at our Mortgage Selector Tool. We also have mortgage calculators that can help you determine what is right for you.
Welcome home! We’re here to help make the process of applying for a mortgage as simple for you as possible.
- Contact our customer service line for new or current mortgage customers. We’ll put you in contact with a mortgage specialist who will be able to help make your dreams come true.
- Apply in person at the branch most convenient for you
FHB Online & Mobile Banking enables you to easily view your mortgage transactions, current mortgage balance and upcoming payment due. You can also make a payment to your mortgage using internal transfers or external transfers.
To make special payments, such as a principal only payment, you will need to process the transfer then send a secured message with specific instructions on how the payment should be applied. Your current month's mortgage payment must be posted to your loan and with no outstanding fees, in order to make additional principal payments.
If you have not yet enrolled for FHB Online & Mobile Banking, you can enroll here.
Didn’t find an answer? Still have questions?