First Step Home Loan
When you’re ready to leap into homeownership, we’re here to help you take the first step.
First Step Home Loan[[#1]] Benefits
- Low down payment of 10.01% with as little as 3% down payment from the buyer and the remainder from family[[#2]]
- Waiver of mortgage insurance
- Reduced Closing Costs[[#3]]
- Maximum loan amount of $1,098,300
- Maximum loan-to-value ratio of 89.99%
- Choose from either a fixed-rate or adjustable rate mortgage
- Owner occupants with no prior home ownership in the last 3 years
- First time homebuyers purchasing residential property in Hawaii
What is the impact of making extra payments on my mortgage debt?
Ready to Apply?
Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS ID #609917
AVP & Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS ID #881938
Digital Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS ID #2301021
First Hawaiian Center
We're here to help.
It’s all about you, your budget, and your life. We have a variety of mortgage types, and we can help you find the one that’s right for you. For a free analysis and recommendation of the best mortgage loan program for you, please call us at 808-643-HOME (4663) or take a look at our Mortgage Selector Tool. We also have mortgage calculators that can help you determine what is right for you.
Welcome home! We’re here to help make the process of applying for a mortgage as simple for you as possible.
- Contact our customer service line for new or current mortgage customers. We’ll put you in contact with a mortgage specialist who will be able to help make your dreams come true.
- Apply in person at the branch most convenient for you
FHB Online & Mobile Banking enables you to easily view your mortgage transactions, current mortgage balance and upcoming payment due. You can also make a payment to your mortgage using internal transfers or external transfers.
To make special payments, such as a principal only payment, you will need to process the transfer then send a secured message with specific instructions on how the payment should be applied. Your current month's mortgage payment must be posted to your loan and with no outstanding fees, in order to make additional principal payments.
If you have not yet enrolled for FHB Online & Mobile Banking, you can enroll here.
Didn’t find an answer? Still have questions?
- Subject to credit and loan approval. Certain other restrictions may apply. The First Step Home Loan[[SM]] Program is only available for real properties located in the State of Hawaii excluding construction-permanent loans and home equity loans and lines of credit.
- The total minimum down payment requirement of 10.01% (may not exceed 20%) under the First Step Home Loan[[SM]] Program may be a combination of buyer and family contributions, but a minimum of 3% must come from the buyer. Family includes relatives (i.e., spouse, child, dependent, or any other person related by blood, marriage, adoption), fiancés, fiancées, and domestic partners. Donor may not be affiliated with the builder, developer, real estate agent, or other interested party (not including the buyer) to the transaction. Gift can be used for down payment, closing costs, or reserves; subject to borrower’s minimum contribution. Verification of donor’s availability of funds and transfer of gift funds required. The First Step Home Loan[[SM]] Program is only available for real properties located in the State of Hawaii excluding construction-permanent and land loans.
- Receive up to a $1,000 discount off closing costs under the First Step Home Loan[[SM]] Program if you have a Priority Banking Plan Checking Account when you submit your new residential mortgage application; otherwise, receive up to $500 off closing costs if not a Priority Banking customer or your application was submitted through a mortgage broker or loan originator company. Discounts not available for home equity loans/lines. Terms and conditions vary. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Subject to credit approval and loan closing. Certain other restrictions apply.