- Q: What foreign exchange products and services does FHB offer?
- Incoming and Outgoing Wire Transfers in foreign currency
- Purchase and Sale of Foreign Currency Drafts
- Foreign Exchange Spot and Forward Contracts
- Purchase and Sale of foreign banknotes
- Q: Why deal in foreign exchange?
- Save money.
Sending wires in the foreign currency could save you money. This is because many vendors will build a spread in the price to protect them from foreign currency rate fluctuations. If you have the option of getting billed in USD or in foreign currency, you may be able to save money by paying in the foreign currency.
- Possible competitive advantage.
You may be able to negotiate a better price with your foreign counterpart if you allow them to avoid the risks of currency rate fluctuations and the cost of foreign exchange.
- Save time.
Wires sent in foreign currency are usually subject to less delay than US denominated wires sent through intermediary banks. When you send a wire in foreign currency directly to the beneficiary, the recipient will usually receive immediate credit.
- Reduce risk.
On the day you purchase the wire, you lock in the exchange rate. This means you know the exact cost in USD.
- Save money.
- Q: Why should I receive wires in foreign currency for my business?
You may be able to negotiate a better price for your goods if you are paid in the foreign currency.
- Q: When will the beneficiary receive the payment?
In most cases, foreign currency transfers settle on the value date. The market convention is two business days from the date you send the wire.
- Q: Can I purchase foreign drafts in a foreign currency?
Yes, FHB sells foreign currency drafts. It can be issued in the following currencies: Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, Pound Sterling, Euro, Hong Kong dollar, Japanese Yen, New Zealand dollar, Singapore dollar, Swedish krona and Swiss franc.
- Q: Can I buy or sell foreign banknotes?
Yes, we buy and sell all the major foreign currencies and some exotics. When purchasing currency, please allow about two business days for currency to be delivered to the branch, if the currency is available.