Personal Banking FAQs
If you suspect fraudulent transactions on your account, please call us immediately at (866) 686-4228 to report the transactions and we will assist you with replacing your card. To help you monitor your account and card transaction activity, you can opt into credit and/or debit card alerts.
Yes, if you are planning on traveling with your credit card please contact us at 1-800-342-2778 or login to FHB Online Banking and go to “Settings” then “Security & Alerts” to submit a Travel Notice. This will help to ensure that you have uninterrupted use of your credit card while you are traveling.
First Hawaiian Bank constantly strives to ensure the security of your account. If your card is ever lost or stolen, please contact us immediately through our 24 hour customer service line at (808) 847-4444 on Oahu, or toll free at 1 (800) 342-2778. This will prevent further transactions from being authorized on your card.
Your credit card expires on the last day of the month indicated on your credit card. Normally, replacement credit cards are sent during the month prior to the expiration date of your card. If your current card has expired and you did not receive your replacement, please contact us immediately by calling the number on the back of your card or on your statement. If you don’t have the numbers handy, our 24 hour customer service line is 1-800-342-2778. We will assist you in ensuring the safety of your account and help you order a replacement card.
We have a phone payment service called “Quick Remit” that can be reached by dialing the number on the back of your card. You will need to enter your card number and P.I.N. to complete the transaction.
Your Priority Miles will remain active as long as you continue to use your Priority Destinations MasterCard for purchases or redeem your Priority Miles. Your Priority Miles will expire 2 years from your last purchase or your last redemption, whichever was most recent.
(for World MasterCard cardholders): For more information on any of the travel, insurance, and retail protection services, see the Guide To Benefits that came with your Priority Destinations World MasterCard, or call 1-888-457-8537.
(for World Elite MasterCard cardholders): For more information on any of the travel, insurance, and retail protection services, see the Guide To Benefits that came with your Priority Destinations World Elite MasterCard, or call the VIP Desk at: 1-888-210-6123.
Yes, you may transfer your CashPoints to a friend's or family member's account by using the Transfer CashPoints page. The transferred CashPoints are set to the expiration date of the account receiving the CashPoints. To transfer your CashPoints, please log on to the website at www.fhbrewards.com, navigate to the Transfer CashPoints link on left navigation menu, and enter the recipient’s Priority Rewards card account number and last name.
The Priority Rewards[[SM]] Credit Card earns you one (1) CashPoint[[SM]] for every one ($1) dollar of net purchases. Cash advances and balance transfers do not qualify to earn CashPoints. Please refer to the Priority Rewards Program FAQs for more information on the Priority Rewards Program.
No, our Priority Rewards program is unique to First Hawaiian Bank and you cannot combine them with airline frequent flyer miles or other loyalty programs to make redemptions or upgrade tickets.
Priority Rewards MasterCard accounts have the option of redeeming for a check or statement credit. Checks are made out to the primary and secondary (if applicable) cardholder on the account.
YES! To receive airline frequent flyer miles, you should provide your airline frequent flyer number to the agent when you redeem your CashPoints. You must work directly with the airline in question if you forget to provide your frequent flyer number or in cases of any discrepancies.
You may redeem the appropriate level of CashPoints for any destination or class of service. Once a ticket is purchased by the Redemption Center, any upgrades or changes must be made between you and the airline which issued the ticket.
Your CashPoints will expire 24 months from your last credit card purchase or your last redemption, whichever is most recent. Transferred (gifted) CashPoints are set to the expiration date of the receiving account and do not count as redemption activity for the originating or receiving account.
Logging on to www.fhbrewards.com is fast and easy:
If you are a New User:
- Go to http://www.fhbrewards.com
- Click on the "New User" link and register your card information
- See your CashPoints and view available rewards.
If you are a Returning User:
- Go to http://www.fhbrewards.com
- Enter chosen User NameEnter chosen Password
- If you don't know your information, click on "Forgot?" and a temporary username or password will be emailed to you.
You'll receive CashPoints for qualifying purchases. Once you accumulate enough CashPoints, you can redeem them for your choice of rewards like gift cards, airline travel, hotel accommodations, cruises, even cash! Use your card for everyday purchases and watch your CashPoints add up!
Use your card on your purchases and automatically earn cash back on your Priority Unlimited Mastercard®. Each year in November you will receive a statement credit and, depending on your cycle date, your November or December statement will show you how much cash back you’ve earned. Transactions must be posted by the end of the program year (October 31st) to be included in the annual statement credit.
You will earn 2% cash back on purchases if you have an additional qualifying FHB account OR 1.5% cash back if you do not. A qualifying FHB account is any FHB personal deposit account (checking, savings, CD, IRA), mortgage, home equity loan, HELOC, or private banking relationship. You must be an owner of the qualifying account. Agents, beneficiaries, custodians, guardians, personal representatives, guarantors, and other types of non-owners are excluded. Cash rewards are accumulated and automatically redeemed every November as a statement credit on the primary cardholder's credit card statement and cannot be bought, sold, or transferred. To qualify to receive 2% cash back on purchases in a given program year, your qualifying FHB account must be open as of the last day of that program year (October 31st). Transactions must be posted by the end of the program year (October 31st).
In order to see your Priority Unlimited cash back activity online, you must register your account on www.fhbunlimited.com. Look for the Login/Register button on the site and follow the steps to register your account. You cannot register your account over the phone.
The cash back you earn will only be available as a statement credit in November. But as a way to keep you informed on your earnings, you will be emailed a monthly cash back balance if you have registered your account at fhbunlimited.com. You can also log into fhbunlimited.com to see your cash back earnings, redemptions, and current balance.
For any questions about your Priority Unlimited balance, please call the Priority Unlimited Redemption Center toll-free at 833-251-6394.
All Personal Credit and Debit Card accounts; all Small Business non-roll up Credit Card accounts; all Business Debit Card accounts. NOTE: Corporate and Small Business roll-up card accounts will automatically receive a limited set of card alerts by email; they are not eligible to enroll and manage card alerts using the FHB mobile app.
On the FHB mobile app, click on a personal or eligible small business credit card account or a checking account that has an associated debit card that you’d like to set an alert for. Then, click on Account Details. For eligible accounts, a Manage Alerts button will be displayed; click this button. Then, click on the Contact Information button. Select the phone number that will receive notifications. To add/edit phone numbers, click on the Profile Page link. On the Profile Page, click on the pencil icons next to the email and phone if you need to make any changes. Once done, click on the hamburger menu icon to go back to Manage Alerts. Select an alert category (i.e., Account Updates, Purchase Alerts, Service Alerts). On the desired alert-type tab, click on the email or text message icons to opt into those card alert types. Click Save once done.
If you are opted in, you will receive a verification text message that confirms the product name that is enrolled in card alerts. If you did not receive the enrollment verification or do not recall receiving it, please contact Customer Service (1-800-342-2778) for additional help.
On the FHB mobile app, click on a personal or eligible small business credit card account or a checking account that has an associated debit card. Then, click on Account Details. For eligible accounts, a Manage Alerts button will be displayed. Click on this button to manage your card alerts.
You can opt into card account-related updates (e.g., change in name, address, contact information), purchase alerts (e.g., spend categories, spend limits, out-of-state purchases, online purchases), and service alerts (e.g., credit limit changes, card requests, card activations, above-threshold balances). Individual alert preferences can be selected for each card on the account.
**Any transaction that requires a PIN to be entered, such as ATM usage, cash advances, or cash withdrawals, is ineligible for receiving card alerts. This feature is currently unavailable at this time but will be implemented soon.
Card alerts are a specific category of SMS and email alerts designed for card accounts that are set up at the account level in the FHB Mobile app (Account Details Tab, Manage Alert Button). In addition, FHB Online and Mobile also comes with standard alerts that are not related specifically to card accounts. Please visit our Alerts & Notifications page on fhb.com for more details about the different types of alerts available on FHB Online and Mobile. If you enable card alerts, you may also enable other types of alerts at the same time. In some cases, the same event may trigger multiple types of alerts. You may also receive the card alert before the transaction in question is displayed in FHB Online.
For PERSONAL and SMALL BUSINESS (NON-ROLL UP) credit card and debit card accounts, you can opt out of card alerts as follows:
- To opt out of receiving specific card alerts that you previously set up, within the FHB Mobile App, click Manage Alerts from the Account Details tab on an eligible account. On the next screen, unselect each of the applicable alerts individually.
- You may also opt out of receiving all card alerts through SMS by texting word “STOP” to any of the SMS alerts that you have received. This will add your mobile number to a suppression list and will prevent any future SMS card alert text messages from being sent to that phone number. At any point, you can text the word “START” to opt back in, and all previous alert preferences will be reinstated and start generating SMS alerts again with qualifying activity.
- If you no longer want to receive card alerts of any kind, you may deactivate card alerts by clicking on Manage Alerts from the Account Details tab on an eligible account. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and click the Deactivate button to stop receiving all email and text alerts.
- Depending on the type of card alerts you want to opt back into (e.g., text message, email), you can re-enroll in card alerts in a few ways…
- If you deactivated all card alerts, you can reactivate card alerts by clicking on Manage Alerts from the Account Details tab on an eligible account. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and click the Activate button to opt back into receiving all email and text alerts.
- To opt back into specific card alerts, within the FHB Mobile App, click Manage Alerts from the Account Details tab on an eligible account. On the next screen, select each of the applicable alerts individually that you want to receive.
- If you previously opted out of SMS card alerts by texting “STOP” in response to a text alert and you want to begin receiving text alerts again, please text the word “START” to previous card alert SMS text messages you received in the past. This will reactivate all alert preferences that were previously selected.
- Card alerts, like purchase alerts or online purchase notifications, are tied to the card number that made the transaction.
For instance, if a joint accountholder is opted in to receiving purchase alerts for transactions that exceed $50, and the joint accountholder made a $55 transaction, then the joint accountholder would receive the alert for their activity.
- Any alerts that pertain to the account, such as balances above the threshold, remaining credit limit, etc. would be sent to the Primary individual only.
Yes, for the alerts that are at the card level, you can choose to opt in to receiving alerts for activity that occurred on the Primary card, joint account holder card, or both. You can also set different threshold limits for both the Primary and joint account holder.
On the FHB Mobile app, go to the Manage Alerts page and click on the alert notification that you want to modify. Expand the section and enter in the new threshold amount.
- For email updates, you will need to update your profile with the new email address you’d like to receive card alerts for. Alerts will automatically go to the new email address after that.
- If your new phone number is updated on your account, you will need unenroll your mobile number that was previously used for card alerts and enroll the new phone number on the Manage Alerts page on the FHB mobile app.Please note that non-US phone numbers will not be able to receive card alert SMS text messages.
Card Alerts - Commercial, Priority Destinations Business, and Rewards Rollup (cards that begin with 5478)
Corporate and Small Business roll-up card accounts will automatically receive a limited set of card alerts by email; they are not eligible to be managed on the FHB mobile app.
Yes, you can opt back into EMAIL alerts by performing the action below contacting Customer Service (1-800-342-2778) to have your email removed from the block list.
Have more questions?
Or call customer service at (808) 844-4444.