Home Equity Line of Credit
Making smart financial choices. A HELOC that makes sense. It's all connected.
Start planning for the future today.
When it comes to funding your future plans, the equity in your home can be a great place to start. With our HELOC, you'll get convenience and flexibility. It's a smart financial choice. Apply today.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Introductory Rates (with FHB Auto Payment)
4.25% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 2 years
4.40% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 3 years
4.50% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 4 years
4.55% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 5 years
Current Fully Indexed Rate as of 12/1/2022
Current Fixed Rate Locks (other lock rates and terms available)
5.60% APR[[#4]] Fixed for 15 years
6.45% APR[[#5]] Fixed for 30 years
You’ll have cash when you need it.
Remodel, pay tuition, consolidate bills, and more
No interest charges until you use your line
Certain closing costs waived for properties in Hawaii[[#1]]
No appraisal required for most lines up to $400,000 for properties in Hawaii[[#2]]
Up to $500 termination credit when switching banks[[#3]]
Fixed rate locks at longer terms
Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.
- If you choose to enroll in automatic electronic fund transfer payments from a First Hawaiian Bank personal checking or savings account to make your monthly payments (“Auto-Pay”) before final credit approval, your Credit Line will have a promotional fixed Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”) of 4.25%, 4.40%, 4.50.%, or 4.55% for 24, 36, 48, or 60 months, respectively, from account opening (the “Auto-Pay Promo”). If you choose not to enroll in Auto-Pay before final credit approval, your Credit Line will have a promotional fixed APR of 4.50%, 4.65%, 4.75% or 4.80% for 24, 36, 48, or 60 months, respectively, from account opening. You are not required to enroll in Auto-Pay to open or maintain your Credit Line. Enrolling in Auto-Pay merely provides you with the discount under the Auto-Pay Promo. Except for any Auto-Pay discount, no other discounts apply to the promotional fixed rates. From the date an application is submitted – containing at a minimum your name, your income, your social security number (if applicable), the subject property address, an estimate of the value of the subject property, and the loan amount sought – you are eligible to receive the promotion rates valid on that date for up to 90 days or until the date of loan closing, whichever should come first. Promotion rates cannot be changed within this period. After the applicable promotional fixed rate period ends, the APR for your Credit Line may vary and will be adjusted monthly to one and one-half percentage points (1.50%) over an index, which is The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate, except that the APR will never be lower than 4.50% and will never be higher than 19.00% for Hawaii and 18.00% for Guam. The current fully indexed variable APR is 8.62% as of 12/1/2022. Both the promotional fixed APR and the APR after the promotional fixed rate period will be one percentage point (1.00%) higher for leasehold (owner occupant only) properties. The APR after the promotional fixed rate period will also be one-half percentage point (0.50%) higher for investors or for lines secured by a second home. Other adders may apply. If you have a Priority Banking Plan Checking Account, you may apply for an optional preferred APR that provides a discount of one-quarter of one percentage point (0.25%) for Priority Banking Gold or Priority Banking Level 2, and thirty-five one hundredths of one percentage point (0.35%) for Priority Banking Platinum, below our regular customer margin. To receive the preferred rate, you must be a Priority Banking Plan Checking Account customer and identify yourself as such prior to final approval of your HELOC application and maintain your personal Priority Banking Plan Checking Account and eligible Credit Line in good standing with us. There is an annual fee of $100, which is non-refundable and will be charged to your Credit Line on each anniversary date of your Credit Line account during the ten (10) year draw period. The annual fee will be waived if you maintain a personal Priority Banking Platinum Checking Account and have taken the steps required to receive the Priority Banking Platinum preferred rate described above. An annual fee is not assessed during the twenty (20) year repayment period after the draw period. Promotional introductory rates are subject to credit approval and good for new approved Home Equity FirstLine applications received from 12/6/2022 to 12/26/2022. You must carry insurance on the property that secures the Credit Line; flood insurance is required if the property is located in a special flood hazard area. For Hawaii, certain closing costs will be waived for owner-occupants, investors, and lines secured by a second home. Fees for the following third-party services, if assessed, will not be waived: ALTA policies, appraisal services, trust reviews, or preparation of other legal documents. These closing costs are estimated at $750 – $3,557 (ALTA policy), $275 – $2,285 (appraisal services fee), $150 - $375 (trust review fee), and $225 – $475 (legal documentation). For Guam, Receive $100 off closing costs, which are estimated at $665 - $2,871 (appraisal services fee), $12 (flood determination fee), $840 - $2,212 (title report), $150 - $1,145 (recording fee), $416 (trust review fee), and $400 - $725 (legal documentation). Depending on your specific Credit Line, the closing costs could be higher than estimated and other closing costs may apply. Refinancing of existing First Hawaiian Bank mortgages and Home Equity FirstLine lines of credit and locks, and lines to purchase and install a new photovoltaic system, do not qualify for the rate offer. Only Credit Lines secured by Hawaii and Guam properties are eligible. Cannot be combined with other special rates, promotional offers, programs, or discounts.
- An appraisal may be required for properties whose tax-assessed values cannot be verified, leasehold properties, or properties in poor condition. An appraisal is required for home equity lines that are simultaneously opened with a mortgage, and secured on the same property, if the aggregate value of both loans is $400,000 or more.
- Up to $500 Credit: If refinancing a non-First Hawaiian Bank loan or credit line, you may receive a credit at account opening of up to $500 to reimburse you for any early closing or termination fees assessed by your current lender and paid at closing.
- Promotional 5.25% Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”) shown is available for 15-year fixed rate lock advances made from 12/6/2022 to 12/26/2022. Fixed rate lock shown available for qualified owner-occupant loans. Applicable rate adders and restrictions apply. Other fixed rate lock terms of 5, 10, 20, 25, and 30 years available (see a Personal Banker for details). Fixed rate lock term may not exceed the remaining time left for the credit line. The APR for each fixed rate lock option is fixed and will not change during the fixed rate lock term. Fixed rate locks are fully amortized over the term of the lock. For example, based on a fully amortized 15-year fixed rate locked loan of $40,000 at 5.523% interest rate / 5.60% APR, you will make 180 monthly principal and interest payments of $327.32. Maximum five (5) fixed rate locks outstanding at the same time per credit line. Minimum credit advance $5,000 up to the lesser of the credit limit or the maximum advance in effect at the time of lock.
- Promotional 6.45% Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”) shown is available for 30-year fixed rate lock advances made from 12/6/2022 to 12/26/2022. The promotional 6.45% APR will be one-quarter of one percentage point (0.25%) lower, resulting in a 6.20% APR, if you have a First Hawaiian Bank mortgage in first lien position on the subject property at the time of account opening, or if the home equity line of credit for which you are applying will be in first lien position. Fixed rate lock shown available for qualified owner-occupant loans. Applicable rate adders and restrictions apply. Other fixed rate lock terms of 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years available (see a Personal Banker for details). Fixed rate lock term may not exceed the remaining time left for the credit line. The APR for each fixed rate lock option is fixed and will not change during the fixed rate lock term. Fixed rate locks are fully amortized over the term of the lock. For example, based on a fully amortized 30-year fixed rate locked loan of $40,000 at 6.362% interest rate / 6.45 APR, you will make 360 monthly principal and interest payments of $249.21. Maximum five (5) fixed rate locks outstanding at the same time per credit line. Minimum credit advance $5,000, up to the lesser of the credit limit or the maximum advance in effect at the time of lock.