Home Equity Line of Credit
Making smart financial choices. A HELOC that makes sense. It's all connected.
Start planning for the future today.
When it comes to funding your future plans, the equity in your home can be a great place to start. With our HELOC, you'll get convenience and flexibility. It's a smart financial choice. Apply today.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Introductory Rates (with FHB Auto Payment)
2.75% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 2 years
3.25% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 3 years
3.50% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 4 years
3.75% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 5 years
Currently Fully Indexed Rate as of 5/5/2022
Current Fixed Rate Locks (other lock rates and terms available)
4.60% APR[[#4]] Fixed for 15 years
5.50% APR[[#5]] Fixed for 30 years
You’ll have cash when you need it.
Remodel, pay tuition, consolidate bills, and more
No interest charges until you use your line
Most closing costs waived for properties in Hawaii[[#1]]
No appraisal required for most lines up to $400,000 for properties in Hawaii[[#2]]
Up to $500 termination credit when switching banks[[#3]]
Fixed rate locks at longer terms
Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.
- If you choose to enroll in automatic electronic fund transfer payments from a First Hawaiian Bank personal checking or savings account to make your monthly payments (“Auto-Pay”) before final credit approval, your credit line will have a promotional fixed Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”) of 2.75%, 3.25%, 3.50%, or 3.75% for 24, 36, 48, or 60 months, respectively, from account opening (the “Auto-Pay Promo”). If you choose not to enroll in Auto-Pay before final credit approval, your credit line will have a promotional fixed APR of 3.00%, 3.50%, 3.75%, or 4.00% for 24, 36, 48, or 60 months, respectively, from account opening. You are not required to enroll in Auto-Pay to open or maintain your credit line. Enrolling in Auto-Pay merely provides you with the discount under the Auto-Pay Promo. Except for any Auto-Pay discount, no other discounts apply to the promotional fixed rates. After the applicable promotional fixed rate period ends, the APR for your credit line may vary and will be adjusted monthly to 1.50 percentage points over an index, which is The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate, except that the APR will never be lower than 4.50% and will never be higher than 19.00% for Hawaii. The current fully indexed variable APR is 5.58% as of 5/5/2022. If you are a Priority Banking Level 2 or 3 customer, you will receive a discount of 0.25 or 0.35 percentage point, respectively, off the margin of the variable rate of the line of credit as long as you do the following: (a) if you are already a Priority Banking Level 2 or 3 customer when you apply for your credit line, you must identify yourself as a Priority Banking Level 2 or 3 customer at the time of application and maintain your personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 2 or Level 3; or (b) if you become a Priority Banking Level 2 or 3 customer after you apply for your credit line, you must request the Priority Banking rate discount, continue to maintain your personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 2 or Level 3, and properly designate your credit line as an Associated Account, as defined in the Priority Banking Checking Account Agreement. The APR after the promotional fixed rate period will be 0.50 percentage point higher for investors and for lines secured by a second home. Both the promotional fixed APR and the APR after the promotional fixed rate period will be 1.00 percentage point higher for leasehold (owner occupant only) properties. Other adders may apply. You must carry insurance on the property that secures the credit line; flood insurance is required if the property is located in a special flood hazard area. For Hawaii, most closing costs will be waived for owner-occupants, investors, and lines secured by a second home. Fees for the following third party services, if assessed, will not be waived: ALTA policies, appraisal services, trust reviews, reviews of private flood insurance, or preparation of other legal documents. These closing costs are estimated at $750 – $3,557 (ALTA policy), $275 – $2,285 (appraisal services fee), $260 (trust review fee), $150 (private flood insurance policy review fee), and $225 – $475 (legal documentation). Depending on your specific credit line, the closing costs could be higher than estimated and other closing costs may apply. There is an annual fee of $100, which is non-refundable and will be charged to your credit line on each anniversary date of your credit line account during the ten (10) year draw period. The annual fee will be waived if you maintain a personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 3 and have taken the steps required to receive the Priority Banking Checking Account Level 3 rate discount described above. An annual fee is not assessed during the twenty (20) year repayment period after the draw period. Offer subject to credit approval and good for new approved Home Equity FirstLine applications received from 5/18/2022 to 6/2/2022. Refinancing of existing First Hawaiian Bank loans, lines of credit or credit cards, and Home Equity FirstLine locks, personal lines of credit, and lines to purchase and install a new photovoltaic system , do not qualify for the rate offer. Only credit lines secured by Hawaii properties are eligible. Cannot be combined with other special rates or promotions.
- An appraisal may be required for properties whose tax-assessed values cannot be verified, leasehold properties, or properties in poor condition. An appraisal is required for home equity lines that are simultaneously opened with a mortgage, and secured on the same property, if the aggregate value of both loans is $400,000 or more.
- Up to $500 Credit: If refinancing a non-First Hawaiian Bank loan or credit line, you may receive a credit at account opening of up to $500 to reimburse you for any early closing or termination fees assessed by your current lender and paid at closing.
- Promotional 4.60% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) shown is available for 15-year fixed rate lock advances made from 5/18/2022 to 6/2/2022. Fixed rate lock shown available for qualified owner-occupant loans. Applicable rate adders and restrictions apply. Other fixed rate lock terms of 5, 10, 20, 25, and 30 years available (see a Personal Banker for details). Fixed rate lock term may not exceed the remaining time left for the credit line. The APR for each fixed rate lock option is fixed and will not change during the fixed rate lock term. Fixed rate locks are fully amortized over the term of the lock. For example, based on a fully amortized 15-year fixed rate locked loan of $40,000 at 4.537% interest rate / 4.60% APR, you will make 180 monthly principal and interest payments of $306.75. Maximum five (5) fixed rate locks outstanding at the same time per credit line. Minimum credit advance $5,000, up to the lesser of the credit limit or the maximum advance in effect at the time of lock.
- Promotional 5.50% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) shown is available for 30-year fixed rate lock advances made from 5/18/2022 to 6/2/2022. The promotional 5.50% APR will be 0.25 percentage point lower, resulting in a 5.25% APR, if you have a First Hawaiian Bank mortgage in first lien position on the subject property at the time of account opening, or if the home equity line of credit for which you are applying will be in first lien position. Fixed rate lock shown available for qualified owner-occupant loans. Applicable rate adders and restrictions apply. Other fixed rate lock terms of 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years available (see a Personal Banker for details). Fixed rate lock term may not exceed the remaining time left for the credit line. The APR for each fixed rate lock option is fixed and will not change during the fixed rate lock term. Fixed rate locks are fully amortized over the term of the lock. For example, based on a fully amortized 30-year fixed rate locked loan of $40,000 at 5.425% interest rate / 5.50% APR, you will make 360 monthly principal and interest payments of $225.24. Maximum five (5) fixed rate locks outstanding at the same time per credit line. Minimum credit advance $5,000, up to the lesser of the credit limit or the maximum advance in effect at the time of lock.