Home Equity Line of Credit Promotion
Let the equity in your home work for you.
Home Equity Line of Credit
1.25% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 2 years
1.99% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 3 years
2.49% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 4 years
2.75% APR[[#1]] Fixed for 5 years
- With FHB Auto Payment
- Current variable rate as of 5/1/2021.
Other rates and terms available.
Fixed Rate Lock
(Other lock rates and terms available)
3.25% APR[[#4]] Fixed for 30 years
Remodel, Pay Tuition, Consolidate Bills, & more.
No interest charges until you use the line
More closing costs waived[[#1]]
Appraisal waived for most lines up to $400,000[[#2]]
Up to $500 termination credit when switching banks[[#3]]
Fixed rate locks at longer terms
Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.
Ready to get started?
We're here to help
- If you choose to enroll in automatic payments from a First Hawaiian Bank personal checking or savings account to pay your monthly payments (“Auto-Pay”) before final credit approval, the promotional 1.25%, 1.99%, 2.49% and 2.75% Annual Percentage Rates (APR) for the variable rate portion of your credit line will be fixed for 24, 36, 48 an 60 months, respectively, from account opening (the “Auto-Pay Promo”). If you choose not to enroll in Auto-Pay before final credit approval, the promotional 1.50%, 2.24%, 2.74% and 3.00% APR for the variable rate portion of your credit line are fixed for 24, 36, 48 and 60 months, respectively, from account opening. You are not required to enroll in Auto-Pay to open or maintain your Credit Line. Participating in Auto-Pay merely makes the Auto-Pay Promo available to your Credit Line. After the applicable promotional rate period ends, the APR for the variable rate portion of credit line may vary and will be adjusted monthly to 1.50 percentage points over an index, which is The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate, except that the APR will never be lower than 4.50% and will never be higher than 19.00% for Hawaii. The current fully indexed variable APR is 4.82% as of 5/1/2021. Except for any Auto-Pay promotional rate, no other discounts apply to the promotional fixed rates. The APR after the promotional period will be 0.25 or 0.35 percentage point lower if you have a personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 2 or Level 3, respectively. Both the promotional APR and the APR after the promotional rate period will be 0.50 percentage point higher for investors and for lines secured by a second home, and 1.00 percentage point higher for leasehold (owner occupant only) properties. Other adders may apply. You must carry insurance on the property that secures the credit line; flood insurance is required if the property is located in a special flood hazard area. For Hawaii, most closing costs waived for owner-occupants, investors, and lines secured by a second home, unless an ALTA policy, appraisal, trust review, or preparation of other legal documents is required. These closing costs are estimated at $750 – $3,557 (ALTA policy), $275 - $2,285 (appraisal service fee), $260 (trust review fee), $150 (private flood insurance policy review fee), and $225 – $475 (legal documentation). For Guam, receive $100 off closing costs, which are estimated at $665 – $2,871 (appraisal service fee), $12 (flood determination fee), $840 – $2,212 (title report), $150 – $1,145 (recording fee), $416 (trust review fee), $150 (private flood insurance policy review fee), and $400 – $725 (legal documentation). Other closing costs may apply and the fees quoted could be higher, depending on your specific credit line. There is an annual fee of $100, which is non-refundable and will be charged to your credit line on each anniversary date of your credit line account during the ten (10) year Draw Period. The annual fee is waived if you have a personal Priority Banking Checking Account Level 3 at the time the fee is assessed. An annual fee is not assessed during the twenty (20) year Repayment Period after the Draw Period. Offer subject to credit approval and good for new approved Home Equity FirstLine applications received from 5/1/2021 to 6/30/2021. Credit line account must be opened within 60 days of application date. Refinancing of existing First Hawaiian Bank loans, lines of credit or credit cards, and Home Equity FirstLine locks, personal lines of credit, and lines to purchase and install a new photovoltaic system, do not qualify for the rate offer. Only credit lines secured by Hawaii and Guam properties are eligible. Cannot be combined with other special rates or promotions.
- Not applicable to properties in certain locations or in poor conditions.
- Up to $500 Credit: If refinancing a non-First Hawaiian Bank loan or credit line, you may receive a credit at account opening of up to $500 to reimburse you for any early closing or termination fees assessed by your current lender upon verification that a fee has been assessed.
- Promotional 3.25% APR shown available for 30-year fixed rate lock advances made from 5/1/2021 to 6/30/2021. The promotional 3.25% APR will be 0.25 percentage point lower, resulting in a 3.00% APR, if you have a First Hawaiian Bank mortgage in first lien position on the subject property at the time of account opening, or if the home equity line of credit for which you are applying will be in first lien position. Applicable rate adders and restrictions apply. Other fixed rate lock terms of 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years available. Fixed rate lock term may not exceed the remaining time left for the credit line. The annual percentage rate (APR) for each fixed rate lock option is fixed and will not change during the fixed rate lock term. Maximum five (5) fixed rate locks outstanding at the same time per credit line. Minimum credit advance $5,000, up to the lesser of the credit limit or the maximum advance in effect at the time of lock. If fixed rate lock advance is not paid in full by the end of the fixed rate lock term, the outstanding amount is automatically converted to a variable rate advance. Fixed rate lock shown available for qualified owner-occupant loans. For example, based on a fully amortized 30-year fixed rate locked loan of $40,000 at 3.205% interest rate / 3.25% APR, you will make 360 monthly principal and interest payments of $173.10.