FAQ - Mortgages
- Q: How do I know which mortgage is right for me?
Choosing the right mortgage depends on your budget and situation. You would also have to understand the various features of your options. For a free analysis and recommendation of the best mortgage loan program for you, please call us at 643-HOME (4663) or take a look at our
Mortgage Selector Tool. We also have mortgage calculators that can help you determine what is right for you.
- Q: How can I apply for a new mortgage?
You may apply for a mortgage in a few ways:
- Contact our 24 hour customer service line found Contacts here. We will put you in contact with a mortgage specialist that will be able to help make your dreams come true.
- Apply by visiting the branch most convenient for you. Our branch locator can be found here.
- Q: How is a mortgage loan originator different from a mortgage broker?
The difference between a mortgage loan originator and a mortgage broker is that our mortgage loan originators are in-house and provide you with customized one-on-one service. A mortgage broker does not work for a particular bank and actually shops a list of several banks and alternative lenders to find a mortgage for his or her clients. They are not always able to provide you with other financial products. At First Hawaiian Bank, our mortgage loan originators provide information about our home financing options and will help guide you through the entire purchase process. Our mortgage specialists can also give you access to other banking experts who can help meet your other financial needs.